How to Prepare It
Cauliflower can be prepared in a number of ways:
- Steam it. The simplest way is to steam it. You can steam the whole head or cut it into florets.
- Roast it. Cut the head of cauliflower into steaks or florets, spread them on a cooking sheet, drizzle with olive oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast in the oven until it’s golden.
- Puree it. Once cauliflower has been cooked, it can be pureed until it's smooth. Some people use it as a substitute for cream sauces or add it to smoothies.
- Mash it. Boost the nutrition value of mashed potatoes by steaming some cauliflower and mashing it into them. Or skip the potatoes and opt for low-carb mashed cauliflower instead. You also can mash cauliflower into pizza dough for a lighter crust.
- Grate it. Steam cauliflower and then grate it into a rice-like texture."